What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie trying to make simple changes to category images please help!

mrmanzanita

Hello,

I'm new to PS and new to this forum, so be kind! I need to edit the font used in my product category images and to do it I have tried filling the text in with the matching colour, and then retype the text. However the images have been created (as you can see) with a transparent layer over the actual product and in-between the text. So my question is, how can I fill the text in without losing the "transparent" effect? below is an original image and an image where I have removed the text by filling it in
large_redmoor.jpg largemanz.jpg

Many thanks, Ben

axxo

in other words you want your text to be some what transparent too?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Create a new layer and add the white text with the Type Tool. Position with the Move Tool and lower the text layers opacity to your liking.

mrmanzanita

anyone know why my text cursor, even at 6pt, is larger than the actual image? when i type at 6pt its more like 40pt?

MrToM

Guru
As PS is a pixel based editor it would be much better to use pixels as the font size rather than points.

You can change this using Edit > Preferences > Units and Rulers > Type = Pixels

Regards.
MrTom.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Go ahead do and position your text layer. Add a new layer below it. Use the clone tool to reconstruct the plant to cover the original text as well as cloning out the remaining text on the gray layer.