What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello Hello!

iDesign

Hey PSG,

It's been a while since I last posted, I have been busy on my new clothing line, very educational I must say. Hope you are all doing well.

I am posting to see if anyone has any reccemendations for "FREE" commercial use images. I have highlighted free in bold because a quick google search brings up endless pages of "free" images.

Now many of these images claiming to be free are copied of the internet, such as google images, therefore they are going to land me into trouble further down the line. It's hard to take someones word if it belongs to themselves, or someone else.

Therefore, if any of you are aware of any websites that you can trust that all the images OK to use, please share it with me.

Last edited:

iDesign

Thanks Sam.

Do you have any experience with any of these yourself? Do you have any in spersific that you trust over overs? The ones where open users can upload photos I tend to stay away from, as many users upload images that are not there own, or have been slightly modified.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My experience and preference is with Fotolia. I do however use many images from Deviantart.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks Sam.

Do you have any experience with any of these yourself? Do you have any in spersific that you trust over overs? The ones where open users can upload photos I tend to stay away from, as many users upload images that are not there own, or have been slightly modified.

In all design works, your best bet is to create the images yourself from stock that you yourself took or created.

Saves you from brushes with copyright police and gives you all the reason to have the copyright police to chase those who use your design.