What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jewlery photoshop help

hi , do i need to be a photographer or a photoshopper?, the jewelry isnt coming out nicely on photoshop, i have nikon d7100 and know basic photosjop, but somehow the jewlery isnt coming out right, how can it be fixed with what tools? ring_1375_csize.jpg do I need to get my photography skills better pr my photoshop skills better? (the picture is raw straight out of camera, not edited yet)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey franco, what do you mean by it's not coming out right? What do you think needs to be fixed?

MrToM

Guru
...(the picture is raw straight out of camera, not edited yet)...
I doubt very much that this is 'straight out of the camera'...the image is way too small and contains no EXIF data whatsoever.

If you need help with a photography problem then upload an image that IS straight out of the camera....the EXIF data holds much information which can be used to help you.

Then, as Sam asked, explain fully what the problem is.....'not coming out right' is just too little info to work with.

Regards.
MrTom.

axxo

... good light, erase the natural shadow with PS, add a fake reflection shadow, adjust brightness and contrast...

there is actually allot of work put in to that ring, like the inner reflections and ect. but if you have better light that would start it off...

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think that a better photograph with better lighting would help the most. It seems that there are some focus issues as well. But if retaking the photograph is not an option, I think your first step would be removing the ring from it's background. There are many options, but the Pen Tool is your best bet.

MrToM

Guru
The most obvious problem is the proportion of interest to image size.

The proportion of 'Ring' compared to image size is around 15%....hardly worth taking a photo really.
Try and frame the Ring to fill as much as the frame as possible.....the bigger the detail to start with the easier it is to work with afterwards....and the better results you'll get as a consequence.

The other thing Sam has already pointed out....focus.

An out-of-focus image will always be an out-of-focus image no matter how many applications you put it through.
Applications can never recover image detail to the standard of a good in-focus photo.
Lots of light and a longer shutter speed will improve it no end.

I'm sure someone will be able to give you more specific details.

Regards.
MrTom.