What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

day to night advice

cyberwasp

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2C896D862E3B4B36!5946&authkey=!AAX3Lr3HNws7YtI&ithint=video%2cmp4

Recently
for fun I started doing a few day to night conversions which I'm told turned out pretty good. I have been having difficulty with the windows. Usually they turn out so you have a sense the light it actually coming from inside the room while other times the color I way off and not transparent at all. If I can figure it out I will put in a link to my last attempt on my cloud. It is not my design as it's from a you tube tutorial. I just added the windows and the timeline. TIA

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cyberwasp, your links aren't working for me. If these are images, just upload them.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Me either on the links

MikeMc

McGuru
Nice work......I like the coloring....Dreamy...but not too real.

cyberwasp

Nice work......I like the coloring....Dreamy...but not too real.

Thank you. I still have a problem with windows though. When painting in the light, on some windows the color changes to a green and I can figure out why even though 'm using the same color, brush and layer blending mode. Its got me stumped.

MikeMc

McGuru
Well real world, windows run a spectrum of colors....depending on lighting, drapes, shades,tinted glass and others. I see two that show green...in the original they appear to have the most density..passing little light thru or back. You could mask them out and either grey them and then color with others, or color each set you need....Very late at night few windows are normally lit though.

cyberwasp

Well real world, windows run a spectrum of colors....depending on lighting, drapes, shades,tinted glass and others. I see two that show green...in the original they appear to have the most density..passing little light thru or back. You could mask them out and either grey them and then color with others, or color each set you need....Very late at night few windows are normally lit though.

When you say "Grey them" are you referring to filling them with 50% grey and than coloring them. Sorry I'm still new to the terminology used