What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo feedback please

jshare

Hi
After 7 years of having the same logo, I'm having some designers refresh my blog's logo and branding.

This is the current logo:

logo.gif

These are the 4 variations currently being considered:

1) double bubble
double-bubble.png
2) inner bubble

Inner-Bubble.png
3) flipped bubble

Flipped-Bubble.png

4) single bubble

original-concept-round-1-winner.png

Which do you like best and why?

Thanks!

Jacob

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom Mann

Guru
The first line of the first Google hit for your company says: "...JobMob is about bringing together job seekers and jobfinders ..."

Unfortunately, to me, neither one nor two comment bubbles conveys, or even vaguely hints at the above intent. To me, two comment bubbles, even if pointed towards each other, only suggests two separate comments, not conversations between job seekers and job finders.

On your website, you also comment that the "conversations" are "within the mob". No matter whether I am an employer or a job seeker, I wouldn't care in the least about conversations "within the mob". I would only care about conversations with people in the opposite group. IMHO, since presumably that is the main function of your organization, and is likely why most people sign up with you, you need to convey that much more clearly in your logo.

Although you may not want to depart too far from your previous logo design, you may need to change more than a few relatively superficial visual aspects. For example, if "the mob" refers to the mob of job seekers on the market, how about separating the words with something like a nice graphic two way arrow between them, eg, Job <--> Mob , as your logo?

Just my $0.01,

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Jacob and welcome to PSG. I will refrain from any comments on the existing logo design possibilities as it's not the question you have asked.

I would choose #1, the double bubble, in order to refresh the look but remain true and consistent with a 7 year old logo.

jshare

Thank you both.

Tom- part of the reason for the refresh is that the brand is evolving, and things like that text will be less relevant. Also- the Mob isn't only job seekers, it's anyone in the JobMob Community, which includes recruiters, experts & coaches, HR reps and more.

Sam- a link to the current logo is the main reason its garnered so many votes, that's for sure.