What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove the white haze please

Paul

Former Member
Ok this is my wife jet washing the front of her car (mine is behind her) i took a cheeky snap of her through her back window she never knew i was there ha ha.
Very rare to see her hand washing her car usually i get told to do them all or she goes through the local car wash.
My request is this can you remove the white haze from the image leaving it as good and as clear as possible?
I can do it but i am interested to see how you guys do, please watermark if you wish, but i honestly have no wish to keep it, this was taken solely with the forum in mind.

carwash.jpg

hawkeye

Guru
About 20 seconds of work...

Attachments

• 50047d1414213497t-remove-white-haze-please-carwash-jpg.jpg
    50047d1414213497t-remove-white-haze-please-carwash-jpg.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 27

colleague

Guru
I started with copy of the layer and set it on multiply and then open it in camera raw

Attachments

• carwash.jpg
    carwash.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 0

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Three adjustment layers.

carwash_01.png

edit: Added the unsharp mask (I don't think I went high enough), it really helped the her hair and blouse. I toned down the brightness a bit.

carwash_02.png

Last edited:
I set the white point and the black point.
With curves I increased the mid tones.
Added a litte unsharp masking.
No color corrections.

carwashChris.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ahhhhhhh.........the unsharp mask makes a huge difference. You can really see it's effect in her hair.