What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Basic Photoshop use for MAC - newbie question

MANGAROA

Hi All, I am having some illustrations done for a book and website that will be created in Photoshop. I'll apparently need to shrink the size and will want to do some basic editing of the images to format for different uses etc. maybe add a little text and so on. I want to be able to use my new MacBook Pro with OSX, can any advise what version of Photoshop I would need? Many thanks - as a newbie this is all very confusing!

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Welcome to the forum!
If you don't currently own PS, I would advise you to join the Adobe Creative Cloud with a new plan they offer for photographers. With that plan, for $9.95 per month you get the latest version of Photoshop and Lightroom. You also get updates as they come out. Adobe products are no longer sold in the brick and mortar stores and if you could purchase it, it would be $600 or more. This way you have use of it for as long as you need it and you can cancel out when you choose. (provided you don't get addicted to it like all of us are) Good luck!

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I moved you to the General Photoshop board where you will get more replies