What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice with brushes!

S

Stephen Naegele

I am trying to create a photoshop drawing like the one attached. I need help/advice on the best brushes to use and methods of doing so. Should I lean more towards the water color brushes? Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414618786.598828.jpg

Welcome to the forum Steven!
That looks like watercolor to me, but it's hard to answer your question with specifics as there are so many options for making a painting in Photoshop.
Be patient and possibly one of members that has a lot of painting experience will come along and give you a good answer.

Hi Stephen and welcome.

This is a painting by Katie Daisy and is a watercolor and acrylic on canvas.

Getting it to look like an actual painting may prove difficult.

il_570xN.385948153_ls95.jpg

But as far as reproducing a similar painting in Photoshop, there is nothing in this painting that can not be done with the Brush Tool and regular brushes that come with Ps. And the Smudge Tool.

You need to learn how to use the Brush Tool and about brush modes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to assume your going to be printing your master piece. To help accomplish the illusion that it is a painting, print it on canvas type paper or a nice textured art paper.
Hi Stephen and welcome.

This is a painting by Katie Daisy and is a watercolor and acrylic on canvas.

Getting it to look like an actual painting may prove difficult.

View attachment 50189

But as far as reproducing a similar painting in Photoshop, there is nothing in this painting that can not be done with the Brush Tool and regular brushes that come with Ps. And the Smudge Tool.

You need to learn how to use the Brush Tool and about brush modes.

Thank you for the advice!! It will definitely help.

Back