What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shapes are RED

pslane

I'm working on a tutorial and it calls for snowflake custom shapes, which I downloaded from Deviant Art. I set the color, using the same color code they recommended. The shape comes out red. Red, no matter what I do. I tried other shapes and they're all red. Mode is set at RGB color and 16 bits/channel. Can somebody tell me what is causing this? BTW I tried it on another image and it was gray (still not the right color.
Thanks,
pslane

MrToM

Guru
What happens when you change the shapes fill colour?

fill_colour_A_01.png

Regards.
MrTom.

pslane

Well, Duh on me! I didn't even see the shape fill box. :redface: I was only using the regular color boxes. That was the problem! Thanks for the quick reply and help.

MrToM

Guru
No worries.

We've probably all been caught out with that one....I know I have.

'shapes' are in fact 'vectors' and so have their own fill, stroke, pattern, gradients etc...it means you can create coloured 'shapes' without changing the current 'brush' (foreground) colour.

Regards.
MrTom.