What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dotted lines in CS3?

pslane

I am doing a tutorial that calls for dotted lines. I believe this tut is done with the newest version of Photoshop out there, so it has no problem making dotted lines. But I just cannot find a way to make them with my CS3. Dotted lines have always been easy in other graphics programs I've used.

I tried going to Style/ Dotted Strokes and I get a halfway decent result by using "no fill". But I can't get the lines in any color except white or black. It's not very editable, either.

Is there a way to get dotted lines or strokes with CS3?

Thanks,
pslane

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hawkeye has your answer ..see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXLVzgZu6UM
I am doing a tutorial that calls for dotted lines. I believe this tut is done with the newest version of Photoshop out there, so it has no problem making dotted lines. But I just cannot find a way to make them with my CS3. Dotted lines have always been easy in other graphics programs I've used.

I tried going to Style/ Dotted Strokes and I get a halfway decent result by using "no fill". But I can't get the lines in any color except white or black. It's not very editable, either.

Is there a way to get dotted lines or strokes with CS3?

Thanks,
pslane

pslane

Thanks to all of you! Gedstar's link was all I needed. I followed the directions and it worked fine. I experimented with different brushes and sizes. The finished project can be seen in the Showroom forum. It was a long and tedious tutorial, but it's how I learn.