What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit Request: Make Coworker look like Braveheart

thelazymarshall

Hello,

I'm a photoshop noob trying to create team t shirts for an event at my work and was trying to get my coworker to look like braveheart. I had a friend help me do the facepaint, but haven't had any success in actually making him look like braveheart. I would keep struggling through it myself, but I'm short on time and I was hoping it would come out well so my coworker isn't offended by it. The image I added was just something I was sort of picturing, but if you find a better positioned picture or something along those lines feel free to ditch this one. The image of my coworker is fairly low resolution but it's going onto a t shirt so it wouldn't be that crisp anyways. Thanks in advance!

ron_blue.pngbraveheart.jpg

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hi there, Welcome to our forum.
I hate to burst your bubble, but T-shirt making requires high resolution images in order to make the screens or even if printed with a DTG (Direct to Gament) printer will still require a good image. If the printer does his job properly and the art work is proper , including the color separations the image WILL be crisp, so that's not an out on that. Your going to need good high resolution images. Have you talked to your printer about what he needs? If your talking about an image similar to this, this would require halftoning as part of the preparation process and needs to be at least 300 ppi going in.(assuming screenprinting) Images off the internet won't get you there, so before you spend a lot of time on this, do first things first as the image of Ron is 203 x 207 pixels at 96ppi.

Last edited:

thelazymarshall

I'm just going to be printing them off and ironing them on with one of those cheap kits from Michael's so I figured there'd be a quality drop there. It's only for 5 people so it's not something I was going to invest a lot of time/money into. Here's the original image but I think it's the same resolution. The point of the image was to be funny so I'm not super concerned about it looking super realistic. I'd love to have taken the time to have them printed through a real company but I need the shirts ready by Friday and this idea was something that came up last minute D:
Ron_Before.jpg

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Oh, so your going to print it on a transfer on your printer. Even if, you have to get the image big enough to use in your design. That image is the same size as the first one and is very poor quality. Anyway you can get anything better? Take a picture of him with your camera maybe?

thelazymarshall

I'll have to see check and around and see if my coworkers have anything better. It's supposed to be a surprise so I can't really take a new picture without it being obvious.