What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Countdown to Christmas - social media image

Ste Crook

I have been doing a short photoshop course to brush up on my skills. I am working on some social media images for an online radio station I have.

I just don't think it quite looks right, and wondered if anyone wanted a play and to teach me a few new things that might improve the image.

Would really appreciate some feedback on what you feel does and doesnt work in what i've created.

Thanks
Ste

43days.jpeg

PSD file

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One of the first things I noticed was that your working with a really small document. I would work as big as I possibly could.

All of your text was aliased. I see that your anti-alias is set to none. A larger document with higher res would would help that.

Last edited:

Ste Crook

Edited the size, and imported a better quality logo with a little bit of a shadow, I think it makes it stand out a little better?
42days.jpg

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
A different, contrasting glow(?) color will make the text pop out....

One of the first things I noticed was that your working with a really small document. I would work as big as I possibly could.

All of your text was aliased. I see that your anti-alias is set to none. A larger document with higher res would would help that.

As Sam pointed out, this may be the reason for your dissatisfaction with PS's text handling as you mentioned in another thread..... https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...eve-effect-post1533698150.html#post1533698150

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Or, if you still prefer white, increase the glow SPREAD and play with the SIZE to bring out more white with just the right fade.

The text lies mostly over light colored or darker colors. The glow was drowned out ......