What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how to provide lighting effect to a subject

kar1zma

there was a beautiful tut from iamsam and it wasnt completed
in any case i really like the effect and want to learn it
since that effect can be used in wide range of pics

i am going to attempt it on this pic

074resize.jpg

so here is a shot of the car
but there is a couple of differences between this pic and the boats

1- the car is closer
2- there isnt much of a sky here
3- shadow
4- the car is a smaller object when compared to a boat the effective area
to light the car is less

so iamsam can i attempt this effect with this pics. if so please get me started
thanks

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey kar1zma, lighting this car on a solid road surface will be completely different than lighting the Yacht on water.

kar1zma said:
so iamsam can i attempt this effect with this pics. if so please get me started
thanks

I don't know yet. Lets explore this further.

First, you have to have a goal in mind. You have to know how you would like the lighting on the finished car to appear. Most, if not all, artists will gather different forms of references. Having an idea in your head of how something would or should look like is one thing, but having references will provide you with a base in reality especially when dealing with the properties of light both direct and reflected.

First thing you need here are references and a plan on how do you want to light this car? Then we are one step closer to determining whether or not your car image is suitable.

Note: I would rather not be the only member providing input on this matter/subject/thread. It takes a Village......

kar1zma

Ur right Sam let me try to find a reference pic so I have a goal or maybe try a different subject