What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with curved text on path CS4

trip2000

I did find a post to this but the solution did not help me and it was over a year ago so I did not want to bump an old thread. Here was the post I came across

"I'm having a bit of a strange problem with the text tool on CS4 at the moment.

When I have drawn a work-path with the pen tool and then attempt to type along it the text does now show up and I cannot edit it.
The cursor changes when I hover over the start of the path to indicate that the type path is available but once I click and start typing nothing seems to happen. The name of the text layer changes to what I've just typed however so it is definitely inputting it somewhere."

This is exactly what I am dealing with now. The solution in the original thread said make sure the text is not white on white background ( mine is black on transparent ) and is left justified and not center or right. My text is left justified and it still does not show up. My text is Wet Dynamite. The odd thing is my font size is currently 72, if I drop it down to 48, the W shows if I go smaller it disappears again. Even at 48 when the W shows, if I try to retype, I still can't see the rest of the phrase. I have done this method before and had no issues in the past with this technique. This seems like a bug in CS4 to me.

Any help with this would be great as I can't get past this stage in my design and can't use the warp tool for text because it looks like crap.

Thank you for your time. Ive saved my project out into a test file so you can see. If you can load it and easily see or add the text in the top curved path, then I know there has to be an issue with my CS4

Attachments

• test.psd
    844.6 KB · Views: 4

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry trip2000, for some reason our Spam-O-Matic filtered your thread.

MrToM

Guru
No worries.
(You could have got the text centered though ;) )

Very entertaining thread......uncanny but entertaining.

Regards.
MrTom.

trip2000

No worries.
(You could have got the text centered though ;) )

Very entertaining thread......uncanny but entertaining.

Regards.
MrTom.

I linked the background to the Wet Dynamite text and horizontally centered it. I thought it was centered...