What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need help to identify what brush this is and how to replicate this

zzzero

I was randomly sketching on CS5 (using brush) and I stumbled upon an effect that I was not able to replicate after. A relative newbie, no custom brush. using a wacom intuos that sometimes lost its settings and unresponsive.

If you look at the enclosed sketch, you can see that where the red arrows are pointing. Whenever I tried to draw a single stroke and turned a sharp corner, the ink seems to "bleed" to fill up the acute angle. The most obvious location is the nose on the left hand side, I draw the nose in one stroke, first the upper one, then when I turned the corner at the point of the nose, the ink "bleeds" as if trying to fill up the acute angle by capillary action. Similar effects were seen at the sharp chin, elbows, etc. wherever i turned a corner in one stroke. I thought this was a nice effect and I want to continue to do sketches in this way. However, after I closed CS5 and went back, I could not replicate such effect. I don't think I have change the brush at all. As you can see, on the right hand side are the 2nd trials, I lost the "bleeding" effect. I had no idea how I accidentally achieved such effect and I want to find out how! Could someone please identify what it is, what settings do I change to replicate this again? Any help would be highly appreciated!

Attachments

• unknownbrush.jpg
    unknownbrush.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
If you were using a Wacom, I suggest that stylus pressure settings are doing this.....Look up to the top of your screen and see if the box for this is checked...

zzzero

If you were using a Wacom, I suggest that stylus pressure settings are doing this.....Look up to the top of your screen and see if the box for this is checked...

do you mean this? I tried toggling this on/off (and for some brushes I can't turn it on) for the basic brush and it does nothing. I don't think it's a stylus pressure thing because I remember when I was drawing, i did not put any additional pressure when i turned the corners. the bleeding just occur on its own.

Attachments

• unknownbrush2.jpg
    unknownbrush2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 1

MikeMc

McGuru
That's it, and if the brush shown is your issue it makes sense, check your brush info pallet, see what you have for that brush.

I'm at work, so I do not have PS here....doing this from old brain cells

zzzero

That's it, and if the brush shown is your issue it makes sense, check your brush info pallet, see what you have for that brush.

I'm at work, so I do not have PS here....doing this from old brain cells

thx for your help, but still unresolved.

MikeMc

McGuru
post a screen shot of your brushes palette, lets see what is set

like this one

CaptureBP.JPG