What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacing color with specific color code

burakace

I am trying to replace the background color of the image below. I am using the replace color tool. I use the first eyedropper tool to select the color. Then the second eyedropper+ tool to select the shaded area. I use a fuzziness of 50-70. I enter the replacement color using a color code. The color is replaced, however the final result is a slight different color than the color code I enter. When I check the end result using the eyedropper tool, I can see a different color code. Why does this happen? What other method can I use to replace the color with a specific color? Thanks

marketing-detailed.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Try removing the background by using the Magic Eraser Tool with it's tolerance set to 32.

Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 11.08.28 PM.png

On a new layer, add back the circle in any color you desire.

Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 11.08.43 PM.png

On yet another new layer, add back the shading/shadow in whatever color you desire.

Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 11.08.54 PM.png

Paul

Former Member
I just used the hue and saturation sliders to get the colour i needed.
hue.jpg

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
The color replacement tool is not the greatest tool in the bag. Try this.
Magic Wand set to 10 tolerance, set foreground color to desired color, select with wand, Alt/Option + backspace. Fills selection with foreground color. Repeat for second desired color.
marketing-detailed 2.png