What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

considering CS6

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hi pslane
I can't seem to get your link to work. Purchasing older versions of Adobe software might be a bit risky these days, as Adobe software products are not sold as boxed copies anymore. You can consider signing up with Creative Cloud and you can get use of Photoshop 2014 and Lightroom as a special Photographers bundle for $9.95 a month. You don't go into debt and have the latest product at all times. Adobe will sell you software but it's just as expensive as it always was but only delivered via download.

MrToM

Guru
Too many http's in the actual URL....here ya go...
http://www.technetmicro.com/Adobe-Premiere-Pro-CS6-Win-_p_94.html

Larry is bang on though, the deals you now get with a 'subscription' to Photoshop far outweigh buying it....especially an older 'unsupported' version.

Adobe has also ditched 'flash' panels in favour of the far superior 'HTML5' panels.....meaning if you were to buy any plugins or extensions you may only be able to get the newer HTML5 based version which wont work with 'flash' based versions of PS.

Just a thought for the future...no point in buying a Ferrari if you can only fill it with coal.

Regards.
MrTom.

ALB68

If your looking at [h=1]Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Win[/h]That is NOT Photoshop. That's video editing software.

pslane

Well, I think I'm even more confused now. lol
I don't like the subscription option, just like I won't lease a car. And about going with Cloud, no way at over a thousand dollars! :eek: And ALB68, you say this one is not Photoshop? Well, I'll scratch that one.
What percentage of members on this forum do you think are using CC by subscription? And it's $9.95 a month? But it's never really owned by you? I like the rent-to-own plans.
I think I'll mosey on over to Adobe and and look around.

Thanks,
pslane

ALB68

Well, I think I'm even more confused now. lol
I don't like the subscription option, just like I won't lease a car. And about going with Cloud, no way at over a thousand dollars! :eek: And ALB68, you say this one is not Photoshop? Well, I'll scratch that one.
What percentage of members on this forum do you think are using CC by subscription? And it's $9.95 a month? But it's never really owned by you? I like the rent-to-own plans.
I think I'll mosey on over to Adobe and and look around.

Thanks,
pslane

I can't say about the percentage. I know I do for one but I have the whole suite that runs $600 a year. I can't even buy a copy of PS for that. I use the software though to help make my living. I easily offset the cost every month. Don't get me wrong. I said I wouldn't do the CC thing either when they first introduced it. I have been using it now for about a year and a half and it has been a dream. I always wanted to learn Ai but that was another $700, so I never bought it. With the CC I have the latest version, learned how to use it and love how it works with Photoshop. Not to mention I have a the full version of Acrobat Pro, Lightroom, Adobe Muse and InDesign in addition to Photoshop.
Hopefully though we have answered your questions, if not, don't be shy about asking anything further.

Edit: Yes the $9.95 deal is for Photoshop and Lightroom only

Last edited:

pslane

That was enlightening, gedstar! This is why I asked you guys for advice! And got it.
Thanks,
pslane

MikeMc

McGuru
I use CS5.5 ...Started with PS7

I also have a copy of PSE...fun to play with.

I looked at updating to the CC, and I do think it is a deal at $9.95mo.

I cannot justify the cost to upgrade...as the extra features are not needed by me.

My CS5.5 was $600.00, for 10.00 a month thats good for five years of CC....

ALB68

I use CS5.5 ...Started with PS7

I also have a copy of PSE...fun to play with.

I looked at updating to the CC, and I do think it is a deal at $9.95mo.

I cannot justify the cost to upgrade...as the extra features are not needed by me.

My CS5.5 was $600.00, for 10.00 a month thats good for five years of CC....

You make a good point Mike. It really boils down to what your needs are. However, there is a lot of new features in the latest versions and they keep adding them and when they do, you have them the same day they are released.

MikeMc

McGuru
Right on Larry! I did sample CC for a week. I had zero issues with it...MY needs are strictly for photos...I do not do any animations or 3D now. What I have done with my PS budget this year, was to pick up some Topaz plug ins and get a monitor calibration set.

CC may be in my future.

pslane

I have PSE, too, but never had much use for it. $9.95 would be okay if I was paying for the software to be mine after the balance of cost was paid off. But when you stop paying, you have nothing but memories!

ALB68

I have PSE, too, but never had much use for it. $9.95 would be okay if I was paying for the software to be mine after the balance of cost was paid off. But when you stop paying, you have nothing but memories!

That would be correct. But if it took you 5 years to pay it off at that rate, it would probably be obsolete at the speed technology moves today. And what about upgrades in the interim ?

Last edited: