What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something to be shown at the bottom when exceeds the top border

liavcol

Hi to all
I'm sorry for my not so great title, but I just don't eally know how to call what I want to do...
In general, I want to create a picture that if I were to duplicate it and put it on top of the original, it will "connect" and look like a continuation of the original picture.
This is an example of what I wanna do:
DRx71D9.jpg
I can't use the same method I've used here to create what I want, 'cause I wanna do it on a more complex picture. Like this:
m8Nx4Y8.jpg
If such an ability can't be achived then maybe is there a way, that if I'm drawing using the brush tool but there is not enough space for the whole brush to be drawn, it will not be drawn?
That is a background for a video game that I am working on and it is very important to me. So if anyone in here know how I can draw things without them being sliced by the borders on the canvas please help me.
Thanks in advance,
Liav

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
HI Liavcol.

What you may be asking is some kind of TILED IMAGE?

original
AD2000_Tile01.jpg

Tiled...
AD2000_Tiled.jpg

As another example, if I tile the tiled second image, it will show my complete watermark.......

welll..... sort of. I didn't position it well enough.... lol.

liavcol

HI Liavcol.

What you may be asking is some kind of TILED IMAGE?

original
View attachment 50945

Tiled...
View attachment 50946

As another example, if I tile the tiled second image, it will show my complete watermark.......

welll..... sort of. I didn't position it well enough.... lol.

Yep that's kinda what I want to make. But what I want to know how to do, is how can I achive such an effect when I'm using the brush tool? Also, it might be very important in order to help me: I'm using the scattering and several jitter settings on my brush, so the things I draw are coming out pretty random...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Would really like to help you out, just not sure what your needing.

If you reproduce a brushed pattern and tile it, you will have something that looks like this...

Screen Shot 2014-11-29 at 9.22.13 PM.png