What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can HDR Toning be batched in CS6 ?

Eric Harper

Im working on a large project with many parts. For this part I have to convert many images into HDR images.

I have my own saved preset for the settings. I am using HDR Toning in photoshop cs6.

Can this process be batched instead of having to do this one pic at a time..?????
Ive got 2400 of these....

Thanks,
Eric

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Eric -

I haven't tried it myself, but I assume the process can be batched in PS.

However, I would comment that I have tried the batch processing facility in Photomatix Pro several times, and what I have found is that unless the desired HDR effect is very mild, I've always needed to go back and tweak the settings for each individual group of files. I could never find settings that I would be happy with when applied to a wide variety of images, so I would always have to go back and tweak and reprocess each group, making the savings in time from an initial batch run almost negligible.

So, my recommendation is that before you commit to processing this many files, you make sure you will be happy with the results using one setting.

Cheers,

Tom M