What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to identify the (gradient?) effect

monsieurkovacs

Hi, i've been trying to achieve the same effect as on the pictures attached through gradient+noise combination but the result is not exactly what i need. I searched for cosmic nail polish effect tutorial for ps (looks pretty similar to me lol) but couldn't find any. Any suggections? Many thanks.

Attachments

• kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 21
  • kit1.jpg
    kit1.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 3
kit1.jpg
Black

kit2.jpg
Noise 40

kit3.jpg
Gaussian blur 1

Curves1.jpg
Curves 1

Hue_Sat.jpg
Hue/Saturation NEW

Curves2 new.jpg
Curves 2 NEW

Filter_unsharp masking.jpg
Unsharp masking NEW

kit5.jpg
That's it.

Last edited:

monsieurkovacs

Thanks for the quick reply guys. I got a problem here. I follow (think so) your instructions:
screen1.jpg
But what i have is:
screen2.jpg
What am I doing wrong?

Readjusted the curves and it looks great now. Thanks again!

Last edited:
It was late last night, when I posted the screenshots. I checked today, and I'm sorry I made some mistakes, even forgot some screenshots.
I posted an update. Please try again. The ones with the red border are new. You should get a better result like this.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I forgot about this one..... lol.

Create your document with a black background.

Create new layer. Select RGB Blue as your foreground and black as background colors. Apply RENDER>CLOUDS. Press CTRL+F to apply the filter again. Choose a render that has balanced black and blue clouds (or something that catches your fancy).

grainyradient01.jpg

Add new layer. Repeat the above step but using RGB Red.

grainyradient02.jpg

On a new layer, fill with RGB Magenta. Apply Noise filter. Experiment with the Amount settings for a grainy look you like. Set this layer to HARD LIGHT.

grainyradient03.jpg

At this point it's nothing much yet.....

grainyradient04.jpg

But if you link the 3 layers and transform/resize them like so.....

grainyradient05.jpg

.... you get this.... when contracted, adds intensity to the colors. (ooops... disregard the layer contents... screengrab work document was active.... :cheesygrin:.)

grainyradient06.jpg

Lower the opacity of the cloud layers to get a look you like.

grainyradient07.jpg

For salt and pepper, add a touch of blur or if desired, a color adjustment layer on top of the heap........

Hope this works for you........