What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Binary effect filter

Hi,

Does anyone know a filter, tool or web to create binary patterns on top of pictures? I wanted a filter for photoshop if is possible bcs I need to apply this effect to many images.

Thanks

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
There's a couple that I know of from years ago but may not be compatible with the newer versions of Photoshop. I'll have to search for it......

What PS version are you using?

addendum..... Binary ... is that digital 1's and 0's (ala The Matrix) or tile patterns?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great idea Chris! An action could be made to automate the process using a brush or pattern.

Thanks you all for your replies. The Photoshop version I am using is CS6 for Mac. I wanted to do this w w w text-image com/convert/ to about 500 images. The difference with the one you sent me is that this version merges the numbers and the colours of the pic...

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks you all for your replies. The Photoshop version I am using is CS6 for Mac. I wanted to do this w w w text-image com/convert/ to about 500 images. The difference with the one you sent me is that this version merges the numbers and the colours of the pic...

What I have is for PS7, PC and there's no update for CS..... Sorry.

Here's PS brushes you can try.... http://peristrophe.deviantart.com/art/Brushes-The-Matrix-Binary-157335014

Or if you're up to it, create the binary pattern , layer it on an image and play with the layer modes. Once you get the look you like, start fresh and repeat the process as you create the action.