What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turning a Dataset into a Color Library

Oh, man. And on top of it all, another user, John (thebestcpu), found an application that already does the work. It's called cstitch and it's opensource. I'm going to try all these different solutions and see which one we like the best. You're all fantastic. Thanks a million!

Oh, man. And on top of it all, another user, John (thebestcpu), found an application that already does the work. It's called cstitch and it's opensource. I'm going to try all these different solutions and see which one we like the best. You're all fantastic. Thanks a million!
Yup, that also looks like a *very* good solution.

Also, my apologies to everyone in this thread, especially John. When I responded to John's (thebestcpu) very helpful post, I didn't notice that it was incorrectly being auto-moderated by our spam catcher, so most people never saw it until I've fixed the problem a moment ago.

Tom

Hey there, Tom. My apologies. I didn't read your previous posts carefully at all. Doh! That's what happens when you read and post on the run. Your solutions made total sense. However, it is entirely likely that she'll be using dozens and dozens of colors of floss that are very close together.

Do you think it will still be an effective solution?
In that case, no. Although I haven't personally tried the program that John recommended, from its write-up, it sounds like it's the best solution. For example, I noticed that one of its options was that the user could specify how many different threads he wants to include, ie, exactly the same as the approach that I had suggested (whether as a DIY approach, or using some of the canned ImageJ plugins for biology). As I said, this general problem is quite common, but I really didn't expect to see software (that appears to be of such high quality) written specifically for cross-stitchers. It looks like you lucked out!

Cheers,

Tom M

Back