What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you ensure your colors stay consistent across devices?

DVRKSUN

I was working on a portrait today and when I sent it to my android device (to test if the color look consistent) that photo turned out to lack red tint. I want my work to be well represented but I believe people on other computers and smart phones may see something different than I see on my screen. Any tips on how to ensure color consistency?

Hi DV, ged is sharing good link. If first I saw them in your post when I also doing that. This's tips are good and also your thread.

Thanks, Gedstar, for the very useful links. I should point out that there is another extremely common reason why images look different on different devices. In fact, sometimes, the same image will look different on different image viewing software running on the same device. This is the issue of color space. I gave a more complete answer in the other thread that you started, but again, the recommendation is very simple: When you are just getting your feet wet in this, send everything out as an sRGB file, not in Adobe RGB, not in ProFoto, CMYK, or any other profile. Make sure you know how PS handles this. If you are unsure, use "Save for Web" in PS, and be sure to click the "Convert to sRGB" box. Be sure you know the difference between "converting" between two color spaces, and "assigning" a color space.

Have a well-calibrated monitor and know the basics of color spaces, and your problems will essentially disappear.

HTH,

Tom M

PS - Here's another thread on this subject: https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...olor-will-change-really-really-need-help.html

Last edited:

Back