What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Do You Call This Process? Need Help Converting Photo into This ??

figure4

Hello -

First off I don't know what to call this or how it is done. I am looking for info weather it be a article write up or youtube video. I'd rather have a video I hate reading.

What do you call this? please see pic I attached. I think it's done with an actual photograph and they converted it to something like a cartoon but not quite. I am referencing the two guys doing a triangle in the picture.

I use Illustrator and I have photoshop I am not proficient in either but with a tutorial of some sort I'll eventually figure it out.

Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 4

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
HI there..... It's not that no one can help you. But as this was posted almost a day ago and you haven't been around, no one here knows whether you'd be back.

But anyways.....

This is more like taking an image, isolating the subject, converting it to black and white then increasing the brightness/contrast level to bring out the white and deepen the dark areas. You could use the brush tool to darken certain areas. A grunge texture could be overlayed to the resulting image.

Something like this ....

Sample.jpg

figure4

HI there..... It's not that no one can help you. But as this was posted almost a day ago and you haven't been around, no one here knows whether you'd be back.

But anyways.....

This is more like taking an image, isolating the subject, converting it to black and white then increasing the brightness/contrast level to bring out the white and deepen the dark areas. You could use the brush tool to darken certain areas. A grunge texture could be overlayed to the resulting image.

Something like this ....

View attachment 51655

Thank you for your response.

I will try to play around with what you have said. I tried plying with threshold levels and posterization as others have suggested but I just can't get the look that I want, as in the picture I posted. This will be for screen printing so I'd like it to be close to what's pictured. My results so far have been way off. I'll try. I have this question posted in two other forums with only one or two responses. I am an active member in the other forum. I didn't know that this procedure would turn out to be so hard to get info on.

Thanks for the help.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Ahhh, you came back.

It may depend on the kind of image you're using.

If you have a sample image you plan to use, post it and maybe someone might come up with a procedure.