What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing fishnets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I've just joined this website. I'm looking for some assistance. I'm trying to remove red fishnets from a model's image she sent me. I am currently on CS4, so I do not have the content aware fill option that's available on CS5. Any help for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!

In general, this isn't an easy problem. There are huge differences among fishnets in spacing, thickness, color and regularity of the thread pattern. Different PS techniques are more suited to different types of fishnets. For example, Fourier Transform methods generally are best with wide threads spaced very regularly, and which are slightly OOF, but FFT methods are not optimal for very sharp thin irregularly spaced threads. In contrast a simple (masked) Dust and Scratches filter can do miracles with very thin, irregularly spaced, really well-focused images. Sometimes a combination of techniques is needed.

That being said, don't expect a miracle: You will never "remove" a fishnet using PS. There will always be some remnant of the original pattern. For some uses, no one will ever notice this. For other uses, the remaining pattern will be completely unacceptable.

By far, if at all possible, the best way to "remove a fishnet" is to re-shoot the photo without the model wearing them. If this is a commercial image that you didn't photograph, buy or license a new one where the model isn't wearing fishnets.

The bottom line is that we need to see what you are talking about before we make a recommendation.

Tom M

Hello! I've just joined this website. I'm looking for some assistance. I'm trying to remove red fishnets from a model's image she sent me. I am currently on CS4, so I do not have the content aware fill option that's available on CS5. Any help for a newbie would be greatly appreciated!

Merry Xmas and welcome to the forum.
Please post the image you need help with. Thanks

Merry Xmas and welcome to the forum.
Please post the image you need help with. Thanks

Thank you for the quick reply. When I get to my workstation, I will post. Do I just insert the image in the post? I guess I should also inquire about "removing" the bra as well. I didn't know if it would be best to try to erase/flow technique with that or if there was another means.

Thank you for the quick reply. When I get to my workstation, I will post. Do I just insert the image in the post? I guess I should also inquire about "removing" the bra as well. I didn't know if it would be best to try to erase/flow technique with that or if there was another means.
I just copied the instructions for uploading from another thread for you. Disregard about the zip or cdr files.

Here are another set of instructions........

ImageUploadIcon_02.png

Thanks Sam
I saved that for future use if OK.

Last edited:
Yikes! TM may be right.

Sorry guys, OP, I really like those...I'm tending to leaving them alone before I get Slapped :redface:

Is this the actual image your working with ? or do you have a better one for the end purpose?

This is the working image. What I've run into is cloning/healing brush destroying the skin tone consistency down the legs. The model is also wanting to make her top more suggestive. I have no clue about doing that with the bra except to erase/flow technique...?

This is the working image. What I've run into is cloning/healing brush destroying the skin tone consistency down the legs. The model is also wanting to make her top more suggestive. I have no clue about doing that with the bra except to erase/flow technique...?

I think you have an almost impossible task given the quality of the image and other factors. There may be someone come along here that has a method and wonders never cease. In looking at who all has viewed this thread, some of them real pros, no one has offered any help or encouragement, that should give you clue. Good luck. and Merry Xmas.

illinoistarheel said:
Hmmm....I answered a Craigslist ad and this was the image I received. The email address that sent it to me seemed legit so I never questioned it.
That makes more sense.

We certainly don't mind helping you with this type of edit. I did become a bit suspicious with your statement..............you certainly can't fault me for that.

As to my opinion of removing the fishnet stockings, I feel there's really no simple way that will turn out looking natural. I would mask off the legs, fill them with a skin tone color, and paint back the shading...........it's still not going to look very good unless you have some mad painting skills. Good luck.

I think I'm just going to bypass the project just to be on the safe side. Thanks again! I'm sure I'll have another project come around the bend that Ill be asking for assistance.

I think that's a wise choice.

Looking forward to seeing your future projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back