What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshopped or not?

Adam Guard

It's possible any image is Photoshopped nowadays, but...

This actually looks like a type of carp, I've seen some similar images online.
I used to lived by a lake and during the summer the carp would come to the surface to feed. They really do get this big (maybe bigger)!
I just don't know why anyone would catch one. Carp are scavenger fish which I think doesn't sound good for eating...:confused:

As far as this image, the angle of the lens appears to give a different perspective---forcing the idea of size.

hawkeye

Guru
In the outlined area, it looks like someone's stomach and a large forearm on the right side, neither of which fit with the boy's body position.

Attachments

• 51778d1419701094t-photoshopped-not-img_7281-jpg.jpg
    51778d1419701094t-photoshopped-not-img_7281-jpg.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 1

Adam Guard

Did a little more research on this and found some more images around this one.
I don't know where you found this image but it seems to be from some blog post in Europe.
fish search.jpgfish search 2.jpgfish search 3.jpg

I don't want to look like a fool and say the image you got is absolutely not Photoshopped, but with these similar photos it does look legit.
wpid-img_3981.jpg

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
"I don't want to look like a fool and say the image you got is absolutely not Photoshopped, but with these similar photos it does look legit."

Awww go ahead..I do it all the time
:banghead:

Adam Guard

So I have to admit my posted image is not photoshopped.

Yep. Guessed as much.

It does seem a shame that in these days we're unsure of the validity of a certain images. Technology (e.g. Photoshop) advances at such a rapid rate; in a perfect world we would know if we are being deceived.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Yep. Guessed as much.

It does seem a shame that in these days we're unsure of the validity of a certain images. Technology (e.g. Photoshop) advances at such a rapid rate; in a perfect world we would know if we are being deceived.

Good job Adam! Now help out with your knowledge in some of these other posts. Show us your stuff!