What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locking all panels in Photoshop when showing on a secondry monitor

Jonathan Beth

Hello friends

Is there a way in Photoshop to lock and move all panels as one unit to an external monitor, including the options and the tools?
For now I have to move them one by one.

thanks

Jonathan

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hi Jonathan,
Welcome to the forum.
I am scratching my head here on your question. I have a secondary monitor connected to a laptop and both screens are the same. Is your primary computer a laptop?

Jonathan Beth

Larry - Yes the computer is a MACbook pro.
I chose to extend the monitor rather then mirror. When I move the main panel to the external monitor all the other panels stay floating behind on the Macbook (tools, layers etc).
Is there a way to lock all the panels so they will move together?
Thanks
Jonathan

ALB68

Larry - Yes the computer is a MACbook pro.
I chose to extend the monitor rather then mirror. When I move the main panel to the external monitor all the other panels stay floating behind on the Macbook (tools, layers etc).
Is there a way to lock all the panels so they will move together?
Thanks
Jonathan

Sorry Jonathan, I am a Windows person. I will have to defer to someone else that uses a Mac. I'll see who's here that might help you.

ALB68

I sent a PM to a friend here that uses a Mac. Hopefully he is at his desk. Otherwise be patient, someone will help you.

iDad

Guru
Hold the option key down while selecting your panels and bring them over the same way you do using one

iDad

Guru
If I understand your dilemma correctly you can also lock the panels together I'm not on my Mac right now but I believe there is a lock icon to the right of the layer palette,lock the ones together you want

Jonathan Beth

Hello ALB
My windows Laptop moves all the panels together to the external screen, However the notices are on my laptop.
How can I get the notices on the main screen automatically, without moving them one by one?
Thanks
JB

Jonathan Beth

Hi @iDad
Holding the option key while selecting the different panels on the MAC did not work. In windows there is no problem all the panels move together.
Jonathan

Last edited by a moderator:

iDad

Guru
Works here,have you changed your keyboard commands perhaps holding the command key try that

iDad

Guru
It may be that your memory can't handle to much and it defaults to moving one layer at a time .....just a thought