What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CC Image dimensions wrong

Joe O

Image shot on 5D Mk3 - using viewfinder not Live View.
Image converted to DNG.
In CC Bridge dimensions are as expected 5760 x 3840, in CC Photoshop under Image Size, dimensions are 1920 x 1280 (Original Size).

Same image in CS6 PS, dimensions given are correct i.e. 5760 x 3840

Any pointers as to what is going on and how to get the correct dimensions showing in CC PS, would be much appreciated.

MrToM

Guru
Yep.

You are viewing the dimensions after resampling calculations.

Turn OFF 'Resample', (Uncheck), and the pixel dimensions will be correct.

Use the INFO panel or the status bar, (both set to show image dimensions), for a constant reference to the image pixel dimensions.
(The default for the status bar is image size which personally I've never needed to use....dimensions OTOH are far more useful.)

pixel_dimensions_A_01.png

Use Image > Image Size only if you need to resample the image or change the resolution.

Regards.
MrTom.

Tom Mann

Guru
Although MrT is probably right, another possibility that occasionallly trips people up is that one of the versions of PS is looking at the DNG or RAW file, whereas the other version of PS might, for some reason, be looking at a lower rez in-camera JPG version.

Tom M

Joe O

Thanks Mr Tom but Resample is and has been unchecked.
Info panel also says 14.1MB instead of 63.3MB

Tom M - could be but why and how to make it look at what I'm opening i.e. raw file instead of jpeg

thanks

MikeMc

McGuru
Thanks Mr Tom but Resample is and has been unchecked.
Info panel also says 14.1MB instead of 63.3MB

Tom M - could be but why and how to make it look at what I'm opening i.e. raw file instead of jpeg

thanks

look in bridge and see if each shot has 2 versions.....the smaller size sounds like a jpeg to me, if it is a raw file it will open in ACR first

MrToM

Guru
I cant replicate the problem.....in any version.

What dimensions do you get in the ACR window before opening in PS CC?

Regards.
MrTom.

Joe O

Mac Pro with CC PS - (Mike MC - there's only 1 version in Bridge and that's the DNG with dimensions 5760 x 2840 as are the Finder preview dimensions) - opens up in ACR too at only 1920 x 1280.

Old MacBook with CS6 same image - Finder says 5760 x 3840 and opens up in ACR at 5780 x 3840 as it should and also in PS as it should.

Joe O

Apologies...
Just checked ACR Workflow Options before opening and Image Sizing was checked and set to Resize to Fit at 1920 x 1280.
Can't recall why it was set at that and when but you would have thought the default on launch would be to keep it at original size until specifically prompted - unless I've missed something else.

Thanks to all and Happy New Year!

MrToM

Guru
...Just checked ACR Workflow Options before opening and Image Sizing was checked...
LOL....that was what I was leading up to if ACR showed a different size.....hence my question.

Glad its sorted, and thanks for letting us know what it was.

Regards.
MrTom.