What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to copy layers from one Photoshop document to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganesh Ujwal

Banned
Is there a way to copy layers from one Photoshop document to another? I was working on a project earlier on that required this but I didn't know how this could have been done. (Procedure not as simple as Illustrator, where a simple Ctrl | Cmd + C and Ctrl | Cmd + V would work.)

gedstar

Guru
You can just drag the layer from one project to another, just open the two projects and go to Window, Arrange and 2up Vertical and highlight the layer you want to copy and just drag it across

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Well spotted Sam, and there was I thinking I was helping the OP out.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I guess in a way you are helping somebody both here and there.............your just not getting credit for your answer there.

We (myself) really appreciate you and your helpful insights and answers here at PSG. Thanks!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This type of copy and paste goes on more than we know about. I've never felt the need to watermark my screen shots, but I may start so that if they are used, as in this case, then at least we might generate some traffic back to the forum.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Not quite the same as linking to another site now is it. Good catch Sherlock!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.