What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush not behaving as it should

grim86

Hello Everyone!

I am facing a problem with a brush in Photoshop CS6 Portable. I'm using a Wacom Intuos Pro and yesterday I drew a picture. Today I come back to that same picture and when I select it so I can work on it with the same brush, the nuances are gone. Meaning when I give a lighter stroke there isn't an increase in opacity, like a real brush effect. The stroke is just fully there or it isn't. I'm baffled to what might be the cause of this and feel like I've tried everything so if anyone can offer any help on this issue I would be forever grateful!

Edit: I think I solved it, I turned on always pressure for size and adjusted the brush size and it seems to give me the same brush I was using (yes I'm kind of a noob, especially with tablets), somehow it got turned off I guess? I was wondering though, is it possible to extract the exact brush info & brush parameters from a drawing, by for instance clicking on it?

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Be sure your Transfer and Brush Dynamics Icons are set to on.

Screen Shot 2015-01-06 at 7.11.19 PM copy.png

grim86

Yes thank you, it works now. But is there a way to extract brush information out of a (photoshop) drawn picture. I mean the exact information like size, parameters etc.?