What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help getting this effect I've bought PS6

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I downloaded the files, paid $5 for it. I unzipped the download, opened each folder and dragged the ASL files into the CS6 Styles folder. Tested them with some text and they do work.
If you have all the effects loaded and your not getting an expected result, I can't speak to that because I don't know what your goal is. I can tell you this, these Styles are nothing more than a combination of different effects. When you see the effects listed in the layer after applying the style, you can modify those to you liking by double clicking on each one. You apparently got them all loaded. There is not any magic involved here..it's just copying files to the right place and then loading them.
View attachment 52137

Attachments

• styles.PNG
    styles.PNG
    135.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

KG29

I downloaded the files, paid $5 for it. I unzipped the download, opened each folder and dragged the ASL files into the CS6 Styles folder. Tested them with some text and they do work.
If you have all the effects loaded and your not getting an expected result, I can't speak to that because I don't know what your goal is. I can tell you this, these Styles are nothing more than a combination of different effects. When you see the effects listed in the layer after applying the style, you can modify those to you liking by double clicking on each one. You apparently got them all loaded. There is not any magic involved here..it's just copying files to the right place and then loading them.
View attachment 52137

You didn't need to spend the $5 I would of transferred you the files happily:)

Your attachment didn't work,so from my screen shots I'm missing something right? I'm dying to get this working like its described.

ALB68

You could not legally transfer the files to me. They are licensed.

One other note. Inside those folders are some PSD files. Those are Photoshop files. If you will open those files he shows you exactly what he applied to get the effect he shows.

I'll fix the attachment but it only shows where the files are etc,

KG29

You could not legally transfer the files to me. They are licensed.

One other note. Inside those folders are some PSD files. Those are Photoshop files. If you will open those files he shows you exactly what he applied to get the effect he shows.

I'll fix the attachment but it only shows where the files are etc,

So it seems everything is working correctly,so it's false advertising then seeing as we both got the same results.:frown:

So I did install all the files right as we were concerned about that,without me spending more money or very little can you recommend a very good 3D ICE effect like I thought what I bought.

ALB68

So it seems everything is working correctly,so it's false advertising then seeing as we both got the same results.:frown:

So I did install all the files right as we were concerned about that,without me spending more money or very little can you recommend a very good 3D ICE effect like I thought what I bought.

Let me ask..what were you basing your purchase on? I have just been trying to be sure you had it all installed and give you some info.I just tried a couple of things to see if they worked in general. a 'false advertising' claim would be over the top imho. I am guessing what was shown is possible to do with the effects included.

KG29

My end goal was this,but using the finish project font like Mr pinsits shows.

Freezing-cold-calender_zps037d5548.jpg
We hit -32 yesterday and wanted a campaign it's "Freezing Cold Sales" with the snow effect down both sides of the calender.

That's why I'm a bit angry if that's the results because it was perfect with the ice effect and snow on-top the letters.

Last edited:

ALB68

My end goal was this,but using the finish project font like Mr pinsits shows.

View attachment 52140
We hit -32 yesterday and wanted a campaign it's "Freezing Cold Sales" with the snow effect down both sides of the calender.

That's why I'm a bit angry if that's the results because it was perfect with the ice effect and snow on-top the letters.

It works. You just have to play with settings on the effects to create what you want. The "snow" is in the brush set I told you to load in the brushes. You have to manually apply the snow to a new layer. Here is one I popped out.

freezing.PNG

KG29

It works. You just have to play with settings on the effects to create what you want. The "snow" is in the brush set I told you to load in the brushes. You have to manually apply the snow to a new layer. Here is one I popped out.

View attachment 52142

Hi ALB68

Thanks for your suggestion:) but I was really after this look,you've been very helpful with everything. Now you spoke about ASL files is everything correct?
ice_zpsc86e3f55.jpg

ALB68

KG29.
OK. Have you arrived at where you wanted to be now?
The ASL files...what do you mean "is everything correct now?" The ASL files are in the folders and are the Styles. They go in the Styles folder unless you were able to access them by putting the complete folders in Presets. I did not do that. I simply dragged them into the Styles folder from Windows Explorer. I had to load them into the Styles window but they were sitting there ready when I clicked on the little icon that allows that.
Glad I could help. We try.

The one your showing me above is the ICE style probably applied to the Death from Above font. The rest of it is one or two of the Snow brushes. The background is something you will have to make. Here is a quickie.

ice.PNG

Last edited:

KG29

KG29.
OK. Have you arrived at where you wanted to be now?
The ASL files...what do you mean "is everything correct now?" The ASL files are in the folders and are the Styles. They go in the Styles folder unless you were able to access them by putting the complete folders in Presets. I did not do that. I simply dragged them into the Styles folder from Windows Explorer. I had to load them into the Styles window but they were sitting there ready when I clicked on the little icon that allows that.
Glad I could help. We try.

The one your showing me above is the ICE style probably applied to the Death from Above font. The rest of it is one or two of the Snow brushes. The background is something you will have to make. Here is a quickie.

View attachment 52146

Hi again,

I was meaning about the screen shots I posted? Does everything look correct being we got the same results?
I know you were concerned I didn’t having everything installed correctly even showing my presets under PS6.

I know you’re a busy person but how can I get a write up from you? Would you like a small fee, as I would like to follow along as you showed the 3D effect above I want that can't figure out.only get flat text.

Did you buy more programs as it’s completely different from what you last posted from today.

Thank you
KG

ALB68

Quote:
Hi again,

I was meaning about the screen shots I posted? Does everything look correct being we got the same results?
I know you were concerned I didn’t having everything installed correctly even showing my presets under PS6.

I know you’re a busy person but how can I get a write up from you? Would you like a small fee, as I would like to follow along as you showed the 3D effect above I want that can't figure out.only get flat text.

Did you buy more programs as it’s completely different from what you last posted from today.

Thank you
KG"

KG,
1-First, let me say this. I can only assume you have these files in the right place. You have apparently done the one you show initially on top of your calendar so that would indicate that they are.
2-No, I did not purchase any additional software. In the Styles set as purchased, all of the tools are there to accomplish what you want to do.
3- I'm not sure if you understand that the styles, once applied, can be manipulated and adjusted from the Layers pallet. If you want a more pronounced "3D" effect, then double click the Bevel and Emboss effect and move the size and depth sliders until you get the look you want.
effects.PNG

I am also assuming you know how to apply the style, but just in case you don't , with the layer your wanting to apply style to selected (highlighted) click the Fx button at the bottom of the layers pallet. This will bring up this window..click on Styles (at the top left)
invoke.PNG
Now, your going to see something like this

I think the one I indicated is ICE, You can experiment with those to find the one you want and apply it,
That's about it,
Hopefully this is helpful, If your window as above is not showing the ones I have circled as the set, you don't have them all ,
Cheers
Larry

Attachments

• styleset.PNG
    styleset.PNG
    160.3 KB · Views: 2