What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help getting this effect I've bought PS6

KG29

Hi,

Yesterday I bought this 3D ICE effect and after waiting for the publisher to email about how to even installed it,I'm now lost on using the feature and the person doesn't have a Tutorial write up either.

http://graphicriver.net/item/3d-ice-cool-freeze-snow-effects-styles/6500617

I was hoping some well seasoned PS people:cool2: can help me. I've looked on youtube and Goggle but NOBODY shows using the effect I bought.

This is what I come up with nothing like what I bought:sad:

Freezingcold_zps26d23176.jpg

I bought this to complete a project I want to finish its "Freezing Cold Sales' with a calender, but have been slapped in the face with false results:banghead:

thank you

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The package did not come with layer styles?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nevermind, I see that it did.

KG29

Hi,

These are the folders I have and nothing else:frown:

folders_zps20fff548.jpg
ice_zpsda70ff43.jpg
icefreeze_zpscfe1cd3e.jpg
icesnow_zps7777e3bd.jpg
snow_zpsf68d9010.jpg
readme_zps04d27a29.jpg

Last edited:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
With the files you received with your package, you should have files that are ASL s . These files need to be copied into Program Files/Adobe CS6/Presets/Styles. These are layer styles and act of the contents of a layer, text and the like. They are invoked by clicking on the Fx tab. The go to Blending Options and at the very top left click on Styles. If you have put these in the right folder then you should be able to apply them. Just choose the one you want and click it to apply to the layer content,

ALB68

Copy the ASL files as I described above.

Those ABR files are brushes. They would need to go in the Brushes folder under Presets

Last edited:

KG29

I clicked that little box by styles and clicked load>styles and import L,M,S from each folder,I just don't get that Bold 3D effect like what I need.

psscreenshot_zps024450f0.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Did you add the stroke or did the style?

ALB68

I clicked that little box by styles and clicked load>styles and import L,M,S from each folder,I just don't get that Bold 3D effect like what I need.

View attachment 52111

Did you see the 3d styles that are in the folder?

KG29

When I load the files these are the files I can pick,I don't have those ASL FILES

Importfiles_zpsf180d10a.jpg

Did I not load everything correctly? I'm very shocked he didn't include a install guide or even using the program.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
They appear to be loaded to me.

Screen Shot 2015-01-07 at 10.25.44 PM.png

Did you add the stroke?

ALB68

When I load the files these are the files I can pick,I don't have those ASL FILES

View attachment 52112

Did I not load everything correctly? I'm very shocked he didn't include a install guide or even using the program.

This is typical with layer styles. The seller assumes that the person buying them is an experienced PS user and understands how they work. They have included those brushes to add to the effect I think. Lets investigate a little more here.

KG29

So this is my blending options,the stroke is set at 4 and moving to 27 I get this.
blending_zpsed771aed.jpg
stroke27_zps0572a27c.jpg
stoke27_zpsa211a4e5.jpg

Thanks for the help so far everybody:) I'm heading to bed very soon.

I hope to contunie this in the morning and get everything resolved,I will gladly start from scratch and follow along.

Last edited:

ALB68

Navigate to Program Files/Adobe/Photoshop CS6/ Presets/Styles and see if you have the ASL files in that folder please.

KG29

I'm very sorry Mr ALB68 but this will be my last post for the night,hopefully in the morning your available.

styles_zps5d86169f.jpg

ALB68

I'm very sorry Mr ALB68 but this will be my last post for the night,hopefully in the morning your available.

View attachment 52117
This is the wrong folder..do not open Program Files (x86) -open Program Files and then navigate to Adobe/ Photoshop CS6/Presets/Styles. You should find the files there. If not, let me know.

ALB68

KG29

Hi Mr ALB68

I'm here all day,can't wait to get this fixed:)

Seems from my Start>programs>adobe I only have one program installed? my PS6 or Dreamweaver aren't there. Now going into Computer>program>program files PS6 is listed there.

I copied and pasted all the files into the styles preset folder.

If I need to start fresh please let me know and I will just delete everything
psfiles_zps00e9bf0f.jpg
psfilesicecold_zps4353a964.jpg

ALB68

I see you simply copied the folders to Presets. Those folders contain ASL files as well as ABR files. The ASL files inside those folders need to be in the Presets/Styles folder and the ABR (brush files) need to be in Presets/Brushes. Unless I'm wrong (and that is not unheard of) simply copying the folders there won't cause them to show up by showing Styles in PS. You can probably load them each time you want to use them. I believe I have said this before. I am going to your link and actually get this and then maybe we can get you there.