What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confusing Images, I cannot tell if they're real or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozen Solid

Hello! I am new to this forum and signed up for the specific purpose to get expert advice.

I am doing research on a project and was wondering if anyone can tell me if these two images can possibly be manipulated images. I used to work with Photoshop, but it's been over 10 years now. I know the technology has come a long way so its hard to decipher what is real and what is not real. These are screen shots, because I am new, I cannot post a link yet.

Thanks you!pope2.pngpope1.png

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No need for links, just post the images.

ImageUploadIcon_02.png

Tom Mann

Guru
Are you thinking that someone has manipulated the photo to show him making a Masonic / Occult sign with his hands?

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
This question about this photo has been floating around for decades.

While the mission of this forum is not photographic forensics, it's a no-brainer to state that no one can possibly make any definitive statement about whether it's been edited or not unless the presumed original, or a version very close to the original is made available at very high resolution for inspection. This certainly can not be done at the resolution of the image posted in this thread.

Tom M

Frozen Solid

Thank you. I had never seen these images before and therefore never knew they were around for decades. Cannot find much information on them. I do appreciate your input.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Thank you. I had never seen these images before and therefore never knew they were around for decades. Cannot find much information on them. I do appreciate your input.

Just Right click in the image and do a search on Google..you will find lots of them.

Paul

Former Member
I am doing research on a project

And what is that please, some background info on said 'project' would be a help to me atleast.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Paul While you have a good point, it's probably best that the OP discuss this with you in a PM.

Any subjects and discussion related to Religion or Politics are strictly prohibited here. Our purpose here at PSG is to provide Photoshop related discussion and help.

Due to the controversial nature of this thread and the fact that only opinion is being solicited here, and no specific Photoshop related help is being asked for..............I'm closing this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.