What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Workflow help for this effect

Athens622

Hello,

Can someone that knows what they're doing provide me with a tutorial on how to achieve this visual effect?

......Admin edit .... please upload full image rather than off-site redirect.

I am talking about the green image on this flyer with the man who is standing with his back to us, and the faint green text that is superimposed around him.

My photoshop skills are moderate, so I can make all the layers of text and the man. My question is, how do I achieve the green fill that is used in the image.

How do I make the image "green" like that?

Is it a combination of making it grayscale and then replacing grey with green? Or should I use a mask and a translucent fill?

Big thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
@Athens622.

Welcome to the forum. We'd appreciate you upload the original full image rather than a thumbnail/hotlink to the hosting site. This will ensure the image stays in our database in case the image is deleted at the host site.

Athens622

@Athens622.

Welcome to the forum. We'd appreciate you upload the original full image rather than a thumbnail/hotlink to the hosting site. This will ensure the image stays in our database in case the image is deleted at the host site.

My bad, here's the flyer: 02_creative-market-mobile-app-flyer-template-o.jpg

I am wondering about the best way to make my image have a green fill, just like the one on this flyer. Is there a specific workflow to achieving this effect?

Thanks

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Here's my quick take on what you may need....

Below, I applied a hue and Saturation adjustment on a grayscale mode image.

Workflow1.jpg

Using the same grayscale image, but I applied a TRITONE effect. Afterwhich, I lowered the brightness and contrast of the resulting image.

Workflow2a.jpg
Workflow2b.jpg

I didn't go for the color hue of your image. This I leave to your preference and tweak on the settings.

Athens622

That last one looks exactly like the effect that I am after :)

I'll be going the Tritone route, it seems to give the image a more organic look.

This one will come handy in the future,

Thank you!

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Athens622... I missed out the other half your initial question.

On top of everything, create the text on a new layer in white. Set the layer mode to Screen or Darken and lower the layer opacity to suit......