What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm in love

MikeMc

McGuru
I see what you mean Tom.....hard to do so it looks great and natural

ibclare

Queen Bee
OMG, that is an incredible face and eyes. It's about time you fell in love and I can see why. Boys are going to be falling on their knees!

My opinion is you did a pretty good job with your original post. Personally, I would have put a few highlights in appropriate places. Maybe add a little color to her cheeks. I don't know if any shadow would be appropriate. You wouldn't want to thin the shape of your face.

Anotehr things I like to do is make a 50% grey layer above, set it to overlay or soft light, then use a burn or or dodge tool in selected places. I like to do it on the irises as it gives an exotic, even haunting, quality to the eyes. I don't think the eyelashes or outline of the eye should be sharpened as it IMO takes away from the rest of the face, placing too mush emphasis on the eyes and drawing the eye, my eye, to only the eyes, which I find distracting. You didn't do this but some of the sample works did. I think in your handling, there needs to be more contrast, maybe even selective sharpening without taking away from the softness of the rest of her face.

Just my observations for what they're worth.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I like the contrat Larry added to the image, but I still think the eyes are too emphasized.

The work you did with the denoise is interesting, but only as a fun piece as it makes her look kind of weird. But it looks like you did enjoy yourself experimenting around with Topaz effects.

MikeMc

McGuru
Well folks I'm in love with Stella, and looks like she caught your eyes also.

I love ALL the interpretations here, as what I like is fine, BUT as Larry pointed out, what the paying client likes is the bottom line.

Clare I like your eyes here, I tend to go with the good old "high pass"....cranked way up, then playing with blend modes...pin light, etc Topaz is a interesting group of plug ins, I have been playing in "glow" which is a "new" "old" plug in...Fractalis ?...noise, sharpening, contrast..lots of fun

Again Thanks to ALL ..I love this grab shot for what it is, and where it went !