What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

realistic paint splash

Parinaa

Hi everyone!

Can someone please tell me/ or link me a good tutorial to how a realistic paint splash can be made? I couldn't find any tutorials, which showed how to recreate this
effect. Do I need a initial stock picture of a paint splash?

I have an example pic. (http://absurdwordpreferred.deviantart.com/art/Paint-Splash-PNG-168320819)
I googled around, and only found out, that i've to use the Plastic Wrap Filter, that's a start, but it sill isn't very close to what I want?

Attachments

• Paint_Splash_PNG_by_AbsurdWordPreferred1.png
    Paint_Splash_PNG_by_AbsurdWordPreferred1.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I'm with Chris, I don't think you can make one that is as realistic as the camera.

Parinaa

Hi Chris, thanks that you also looked for tutorials, I think the reason that there aren't any, is that it only can be made in a photostudio. Interesting video, btw.
Larry, yes unfortunately. :(

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
A lot of Ps users use paint splash/splatter brushes. These you can apply color.

There are a lot of brushes available for free that you can try. Just Google search Paint Splash brushes..

Some, like me, use 2d paint splatter sets like this one.... http://mediamilitia.com/paint-tossing/

I do remember an excellent tutorial on this but I can't find it at the moment..... It's an old one for earlier PS version but the result was very good.

ALB68

A lot of Ps users use paint splash/splatter brushes. These you can apply color.

There are a lot of brushes available for free that you can try. Just Google search Paint Splash brushes..

Some, like me, use 2d paint splatter sets like this one.... http://mediamilitia.com/paint-tossing/

I do remember an excellent tutorial on this but I can't find it at the moment..... It's an old one for earlier PS version but the result was very good.

Those brushes look really cool. I'm downloading them now. Thanks! Parinaa should like these too. Maybe you can find that tut and post it.
Edit: I said brushes..you said "paint splatter set" -yep..all jpgs, still pretty good stuff.

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Hi everyone!

Can someone please tell me/ or link me a good tutorial to how a realistic paint splash can be made?

The OP doesn't want to download brushes, she would like to create her own paint splashes.

In truth there arent a lot of good how to create a paint splash in PS. The one's I came up with look more like a splash shape with a bevel applied to it - splatter-ish like. Her sample looks more life-like.

Except that one tute from a few years ago that I mentioned. Resuming search.......

ALB68

Hi everyone!

Can someone please tell me/ or link me a good tutorial to how a realistic paint splash can be made?

The OP doesn't want to download brushes, she would like to create her own paint splashes.

I suspect she might find the images helpful Chris in the learning process of making her own. That's what I meant.

Parinaa

Hi everyone, I have to say dv8_fx, great link, I think the images might be very ueful for my project. I really appreciate your help. If you could find the tutorial, that'd be beyond awesome :)
It's right, that at first I was looking for a tutorial to recreate the effect myself but since I can't find one, I'm pretty satisfied with the link. I found some brushes, there were good too, but the pictures in dv8_fx's link are closer to the pic I posted in the first post