What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Re-design/re-rendering/re-thinking

Bunny Gooney

Hey I was looking for some help. I've been trying to re-do my existing logo but I'm having a hard time with it. I just haven't found that spark of inspiration or the path I need to be on. To be honest I don't even know what I want it changed to. I just want it...sharper. more dynamic, more POP, more, stylish. Could anyone give me some pointers or some insight on what I could be doing? Feel free to make your own alterations and post up the results, that would really be appreciated as well.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

For me the entire logo does not coincide with the name. I just don't get the syringe in the mouth thing............what's this have to do with clothing?

Tom Mann

Guru
To elaborate on Sam's comments, I think that most designers would find it silly / a waste of their time to attempt to do (or re-do) a logo unless they know quite a bit about the company / organization, the image that they want to project, the intended audience / customer base, etc.

If you tell us more about yourself, I bet more people will respond to your request.

Tom M

Bunny Gooney

I guess the idea for the design was to get a mesh of addiction and beauty. [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Our mission is to tell a story through wearable art. The focus is to acknowledge and overcome the harsh realities, triumphs, struggles, strengths of people who have suffered from addiction. We shed light and give a voice to real people in our community. Our narrative depicts the duality of beauty and degradation that is all too often encompassed in the addicted lifestyle. Through a series of photos we poetry the lives of our neighbors, lovers, bothers, and sisters trapped in the throngs of addiction. The Goal is to change the lives of people who are currently suffering in addiction. We give 10% of all sales to local rehabs and charitable organizations to get addicts the help they so desperately need. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]The idea for the name comes from the alcoholics anonymous handbook. It's a really popular chapter where survivors can go through the 9th step promises. It was what inspired me to begin in the first place. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Thanks a lot for the help already. Not being sarcastic, but just helping me to realize their is a lack of connection between my logo and company name has said a lot.[/FONT]

Bunny Gooney

i keep thinking about what you guys said and it keeps drilling more and more into me. I really liked the rose flower that had the "C 6" in it. maybe I can build an entirely new logo based on that? Before I ran into this psuedo-brainstorm I really liked the syringe. Now it bothers me to look at it. So i definitely want to change that whole aspect out even if it means removing the silhouette of the girl and just going with a completely new image. Since I'm really just barely starting this up and haven't actually made any sales whatsoever I am still really open to redesigning the image. I still want to convey a darkness but I want to find inspiration in it and I want a relevancy to the name "Chapter Six".

lizzader

i keep thinking about what you guys said and it keeps drilling more and more into me. I really liked the rose flower that had the "C 6" in it. maybe I can build an entirely new logo based on that? Before I ran into this psuedo-brainstorm I really liked the syringe. Now it bothers me to look at it. So i definitely want to change that whole aspect out even if it means removing the silhouette of the girl and just going with a completely new image. Since I'm really just barely starting this up and haven't actually made any sales whatsoever I am still really open to redesigning the image. I still want to convey a darkness but I want to find inspiration in it and I want a relevancy to the name "Chapter Six".

You've cleared it up! Another question though, is it a female clothing company? Just asking because the logo conveys that.