What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bathroom Photoshop Colour Correction Help and Suggestions

SolidBrowser

Hello.
I've recently photographed a few local bathrooms using my 18-55mm lens on a Sony A58 body. Since Apple's new OS Yosemite doesn't support Sony's RAW files I was forced to shoot in JPEG resulting in a tremendous undertaking of excruciating colour correcting in Adobe's Photoshop Elements 10. After a long period of getting the image to the colour and style I wanted, I was faced with a more challenging problem. I am now currently trying to match the colour style of my first image with another photograph of the same bathroom. Since I kept it on the same Custom White Balance it should of been easy but the second image had the door of the bathroom open while the first image had the door closed resulting in a mixture of different colour temperatures. Is there anyway of matching the style in Photoshop Elements for these two photos?

View attachment 52683
(First Image, Un-Touched, Door is Closed)
View attachment 52684
(First Image, Re-Touched, Removed Colour Cast, Sharpened, Skewed, Adjusted Hue/Saturation, Adjusted Levels, Adjusted Brightness and Contrast, Clone Stamp)
View attachment 52685
(Second Image, Un-Touched, Door is Open)
View attachment 52686
(Second Image, Re-Touched, Sharpened, Removed Colour Cast, Adjusted Levels, Adjusted Brightness and Contrast, Adjusted Hue/Saturation)

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
I would use a curves adjustment layer in PS. I don't have elements so your on your own there. But I think curves before anything else. Sit the images side by side in the window and work from there. I used little more than the eyedroppers to identify the whites,midtones and shadows to get this result.
curvesadj.PNG