What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vanishing point filter effect without the filter?

Darkmessiah

Hello folks, my name is John and I am new to the forum! I mainly use PS for photography but wander into the graphic design side of things now and again.

Right now I am struggling big time angle text in a precise way. As you can see below I am to trying to have text follow around the angles of the surrounding box but I am having big problems lining up the text correctly and ensuring it remains the right height (via free transform) and creating the angle in the right place whilst keeping the height and text the same on both sides (via vanishing point).

Any potential solutions would be a massive help! I've spent the last 3 hours trying to find/create a solution and I am at me wits end :rofl:

oh and I am using CC

lolo.jpg

John

Attachments

• lolo.jpg
    lolo.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

hawkeye

Guru
You can draw your own with the pen tool. (If it's not clear enough add a new layer and stroke the path.)
Once you have the vanishing point established, just use the pen tool again to draw from the mid point of the text to the intersection of the vanishing point.
That will give you the proper angle.

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Darkmessiah

I went back and edited the post to mention I was using CC, I think the OP was pulled until approval?!? Not sure!

Thanks for the suggestion hawkeye! Didn't even occur to me to create my own vanishing points! I'll have a place and see it goes, should be easy enough :)