What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to repair this?

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Fellow members, I have this photo that is in bad need of a repair. The photo has been damaged some way and has this awful green area over a good part of the whole image, including the faces of the subjects. I have tried a lot of the tools I have in my bag but I am having difficulty reducing it. Some advice would be appreciated. I can't post the complete image per an agreement, so will just post a section of it.
howto..PNG

hawkeye

Guru
Well there certainly isn't any one click fix that I am aware of. My best advice is to deal with each area separately. I fooled around just a bit and obviously did some cloning and copying. I desaturated the entire image first. Then colorized and painted, added noise etc. It's very hard to know the extent of the problem without seeing the whole image, but I suspect you'll likely need to employ different methods for each area.

Attachments

• 52947d1423248115-how-repair-howto-png.jpg
    52947d1423248115-how-repair-howto-png.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 28

ALB68

Well there certainly isn't any one click fix that I am aware of. My best advice is to deal with each area separately. I fooled around just a bit and obviously did some cloning and copying. I desaturated the entire image first. Then colorized and painted, added noise etc. It's very hard to know the extent of the problem without seeing the whole image, but I suspect you'll likely need to employ different methods for each area.

Thanks hawk. That is exactly the approach I have taken. Obviously this isn't a color correction issue but a damage issue. I could not figure out a way to deal with it other than desaturating and colorizing it with the colors I can pick up from the original. Yes, an area at a time for the colorization. I was hoping I was wrong and there was an easier fix but I think you are confirming what I was thinking that this is pretty much the route . Thanks

I'm still open to other ideas.

This is without any masking. Just Hue /Saturation first, and then color correction, as far as it would go. Doesn't look too good.
Selective Color Corr. + Hue Saturation.png

ALB68

Yep. Your reinforcing my thinking. Thanks Chris, much appreciated.

ALB68

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
Mike..this is an OPR image I am working on..LOL I take it your a member?

I was but got too much ego from a few, I left quickly. You will get SOME great info, and utter idiocy at times also

ALB68

I was but got too much ego from a few, I left quickly. You will get SOME great info, and utter idiocy at times also

Hummm..interesting place. Folks that do this stuff seem to have them for sure.

MikeMc

McGuru
It is the nature of many creatives....I learned if I don't fit...go elsewhere.:yourock: