What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Background problems

New Age

Hi,

Perhaps is a small introduction for a newbie on this forum (like me) a good idea:
I'm a Beglian chemical engineering student and I'm building my first website, but
unfortunately I've stumbled upon a BIG problem.

Like you can see, I use a picture as a background: a paper "glued" to a a wall.
This paper is a little bit opaque (the texture and color of the wall is visible through the paper).

But here is the problem: I'm bounded to the length of this paper. I can't write longer texts than the length of the paper.
Here you can see the problem: Slalom
The bottom part of the text falls out of (actually below) the paper.

Luckily I have found the perfect solution for the problem. But for this I need to remove paper and the scotch tape from the picture.
And that's where I really need your help. This kind of editing is completely beyond my reach.

I did not think about this during the designing phase, so now I'm really stuck with this problem.
By the way: you will notice that the website is not finished yet.

Attachments

• bg.jpg
    bg.jpg
    528.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:

New Age

Does anybody have a suggestion?

I have copied the paper to another layer and tried to decrease the whiteness but it looked like a mess.
I have also gave the clone stamp a chance, but that did not work either. The paper is too big for that tool.
Messing around with the 'extend background' procedure resulted in something really messy.

Can someone please help me with my problem?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
newage said:
Luckily I have found the perfect solution for the problem. But for this I need to remove paper and the scotch tape from the picture.
And that's where I really need your help. This kind of editing is completely beyond my reach.

What is your solution?

Why not make the text smaller to fit the page?

Who created the graphics? You?