What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Small Low Quality Image to Larger Good Qualiry Image

JimmiOO

Hi

I have a logo on my website but do not have the high resolution original as this was lost.

Is there any way of making a larger file and making it lookgood.

I am using CS3 but not much good on it

iDesign

If I remember correct, Larry recommended me a good programme a while back, I am sure he will be here to help soon.

Hoogle

Guru
Alien Skin Blow Up or Onone Perfect resize are good for older versions of PS CS6 and above actually has some very nice resizing abilities.

However depending on the complexity of the logo and quality to begin with you may get away with doing an image trace in illustrator and then resizing it using vector technology. But my guess would be for best results recreate the logo, if you do not feel that you can then maybe post it here either as a freebie request for someone to do it or if it is your business then maybe consider posting it in freelance section.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
If I remember correct, Larry recommended me a good programme a while back, I am sure he will be here to help soon.

Hoogle is right. Dependent on how large you want to make it (reasonable size 100-200%) OnOne Perfect Resize does a nice job. I have Version 9 which is the latest one and I am amazed at how good the results are. If you want to post the image, I'll give it a go for you.

Last edited:

JimmiOO

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I ad hoped to blow the image up x 400% if possible, its just really for advertising.

I have been told I can maybe do it using illustrator but I do no know enough about it

I have added the image, any help would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• asm-logo.png
    asm-logo.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 17

MrToM

Guru
To be honest if its that simple then it would be just as easy to redo the whole thing, in PS, with vectors...and if you know the name of the font then its even easier!

Just my 2¢

Regards.
MrTom.

ALB68

Last edited:

ALB68

To be honest if its that simple then it would be just as easy to redo the whole thing, in PS, with vectors...and if you know the name of the font then its even easier!

Just my 2¢

Regards.
MrTom.

It wasn't that easy. The original quality was not too good making it hard to work with in Ai. I found the font but it had a custom letter in it, so I had to make that.

JimmiOO

It wasn't that easy. The original quality was not too good making it hard to work with in Ai. I found the font but it had a custom letter in it, so I had to make that.

Thank you very much, that is exactly what I was looking for