What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Tactile" texture of Silk.

VelenZ

I'm a guy who likes doing model textures as a hobby along with my usual drawing stuff, and I've kind of hit a brick wall.

I can't seem to find any images of the tactile or visual feel of silk. All I find are a bunch of images with strong shadows and highlights, which is exactly what I do not want. I want the actual weave and such.

Anyone have any textures like that or know where I could find them? I've already tried Googling...

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
hmm, the best bet would be to make your own with a gradient(or not) the add noise filter and richard rosenman's scanlines filter to get the fine fabric detail, i'll try a few techniques out and post back if i've got something silk ish.

I'll make the end result seamless for you too I know how annoying it is to find the perfect looking texture... and it's not seamless -_-