What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NY Times Article

Thanks Rich. Very interesting article. Nice find.

I got to know Photoshop in 1992 and it was a mindblowing experience for me.
Almost overnight I could process images on a MAC for the pre print industry, for which I was working as a retoucher for many years, without ever getting my hands dirty again.
I could apply my long experience about color theory and color separation for professional color printing.
This was a unique opportunity in my professional life I never regretted to this day.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Thanks for the link Rich.

lol.... I still remember the early functions and toolbars.

Photoshop was a heaven-sent tool for me and designers everywhere as it gave us the tools as well as control and ability to complete the artwork for final print production without the need to include the hard-copy images for pre-production by the printing bureaus.

Make no mistake - Photoshop didn't make guys like chris and others in the pre-print industry obsolete. We still relied very much on them to make sure our Final Artwork is up to specs and work hand-in-hand with them to get the job done.

And Photoshop worked very well with other vector and layout applications back then. That was a big plus during the early years of desktop publishing. Tho I must add, a few airbrush artists lost their jobs and remaining one's had to learn the new application to keep their jobs.

I wonder if my Photoshop 2.5 will work in today's OS systems... I should try that. Tho I got to find an external floppy drive so I can run the 5-floppy disk installer.... 3 PS versions in my computer... :rofl: .

-I'm still looking for a good original installer copy of the first original version (v. 0.87? - MAC only) distributed commercially by the scanner company Barneyscan..... to add to my collection of old software.

Hoogle

Guru
LOL this was my very first experience we had the mac on the right at the beginning but it was not til way later when I really used it for myself this was my mothers setup I was only 8 years old but I knew I was not a microsoft paint guy lol

MikeMc

McGuru
Sniff......I grew up in Silver Halide Tech.....A jolt of stopbath made the day better than Folgers already did....I still remember thinking how cute...I can add things with my computer...What a laugh.......

And here I am a PS Guru....removing things with Photoshop