What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pasted image is smaller than its size on the clipboard : why?

Ron Wolpa

I created a large layout – w= 2400 x h=890 – with the purpose to divide this image in 8 smaller jpg files of w=600xh=445 ;
I merged all the layers , selected the 1st tile , the selection followed the guide lines so that it is precisely 600x445);
Next step I pasted the copied image onto the first .jpg file: to my astonishment what should be a precisely 600x445 is in fact a little bit smaller image. However after noticing this problem I typed control + new to learn the size of the image it was on clipboard.
It is 600x445 , not a pixel less but nothing seems wrong until I paste it on the jpg files. The pasted image is some 5 pixels short on the borders (only happens on height). As I have already done this and haven´t had this problem before I ask if I am missing something ?
What may have gone wrong ? Thank you fellows.

Sorry Ron, without using the proper PS terminology I'm struggling to decipher exactly what you've done here although I think I understand the problem you are having clear enough.

With that in mind, may I suggest you try the way I would do this and see if you get the same problem.
(If you are using a Mac then adjust to taste)

1. Do not merge all the layers of your PSD file.
2. Drag out your first 600x445px, (I assume you mean px?), rectangular marquee.
3. Use EDIT > COPY MERGED ( Shift + Ctrl + C ) to copy the contents of the marquee.
4. Use FILE > NEW ( Ctrl + N ) to create a new document. (Don't change anything in the settings just 'OK' out of it)
5. Use EDIT > PASTE to paste in the previously copied contents.

You should now have a document 600x445px with the copied contents filling the entire image.

If not then you may need to supply screen-shots of your workflow to reinforce your description of what you are doing.
The problem doesn't need any more explaining....just how you produced the error.

Regards.
MrTom.

Sorry Ron, without using the proper PS terminology I'm struggling to decipher exactly what you've done here although I think I understand the problem you are having clear enough.

With that in mind, may I suggest you try the way I would do this and see if you get the same problem.
(If you are using a Mac then adjust to taste)

1. Do not merge all the layers of your PSD file.
2. Drag out your first 600x445px, (I assume you mean px?), rectangular marquee.
3. Use EDIT > COPY MERGED ( Shift + Ctrl + C ) to copy the contents of the marquee.
4. Use FILE > NEW ( Ctrl + N ) to create a new document. (Don't change anything in the settings just 'OK' out of it)
5. Use EDIT > PASTE to paste in the previously copied contents.

You should now have a document 600x445px with the copied contents filling the entire image.

If not then you may need to supply screen-shots of your workflow to reinforce your description of what you are doing.
The problem doesn't need any more explaining....just how you produced the error.

Regards.
MrTom.

Dear Tom , I finally managed to paste the images on the sliced jpg files.
I tried to give me a break and after rebooting the system it looks like the things are back on the rail once again.
I duplicated all the layers of my layout , merged the copies (to preserve the original layers , then copied slice by slice and pasted on their respectives smaller jpg files, this time , 600x445 precisely. Thank you for replying my post.

Back