What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Content Aware Move Tool

sbr

I was using the Content Aware Move Tool while following alongon a video, both I and tutorial where using PS CC. I noticed in the tool barfor the Content Aware Move Tool the tutorial had the “Adaptation” setting thatI did not have on my screen. It is the setting with the drop down box that has options, “strict,“very strict” etc. Instead I have two other buttons, a structure slider and acolor slider.

How could I get that Adaptation drop down box menu? And whywhen using the same tool did we have different setting options?
BTW I did have my PS set to Photography as did the video.
Thanks!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm using CS6 and I have the adaptation drop down on my Content Aware Move Tool. Since I don't have CC, I can't say if it was removed.

Can you post a screen shot of your tools option bar? Like this........

Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 10.07.05 AM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think it was removed or moved, make sure you have the tool selected.

MrToM

Guru
This is a bit confusing but as far as I can tell this is what's happened...

The link Sam provided mentions using 2014 and not 14.2.1.....or 2014.0.0 and not CC....ok so far.

The confusing part is the numbering of the PS versions.
The last CC version was 14.2.1
You'd expect therefore that CC 2014 would be 15....but...Adobe, in their infinite wisdom have decided to delay using 'version 15' until....well, 2015....which is now....which I guess is understandable.
This means that the last update to CC 2014 was 2014.2.2 (r310 Oct 2014...I think?)

The 'Adaptation' dropdown was replaced with the 'Structure' and 'Color' options in 2014.2.2.

To be honest I wouldn't worry about it.....those two options give you far more flexibility than the 5 preset options that 'Adaptation' gives you.....by some margin too!

So....if your version is 2014.2.2 then you have the latest.......my guess is that 2014.2.1 was used in the video.

Regards.
MrTom.

sbr

Thanks, That makes sense now, I pay for the monthly CC cloud service so I have the latest version that has the Structure and Color setting. Thanks for your help!