What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to get sharp edges on your photos?

jaydrill

Hi guys ! :)

I'm new to this forum, so shout-out to all you beautiful people in here ! :mrgreen:

I have the same problem every time I make a picture and insert it into my website.

THE EDGES ARE ALL MESSED UP... ARGH!!

Anyway, I hope you can guide me to what I'm doing wrong.

The picture I'm talking about is here:

logo.png

It seems it might have something to do with the fact I'm using stroke?

I really hope someone can help or refer to a thread where it is explained.

//Jay

Last edited by a moderator:

MrToM

Guru
It looks fine to me.

What's 'Messed up' about it?

Regards.
MrTom.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
It looks fine to me.

What's 'Messed up' about it?

Regards.
MrTom.

MrTom your right it does look fine. What OP is referring to I'm sure is when zoomed you can see some pixelation. I don't think adding a stroke is causing it. Note that text created with Photoshop exhibits pixelation when zoomed to begin with. The only way to totally eliminate this is to create the work as a vector in AI or another vector program.
I noticed something about the file though, The resolution amount was like 512 ppi which is not necessary. It has no effect on the output for screen viewing. The logo should be created based on the pixel dimensions required. Once done, the resolution can be set to 1 if you want to, because it makes no difference.

Here is a comparison between some text created in PS and Ai, These are zoomed at 400% for PS and 800% for Ai
PS Demo.PNG Photoshop
Ai Demo.PNG

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
...resolution amount was like 512 ppi ...

LOL....I never noticed that!
How strange!

Like you say, doesn't matter one jot for a website but an odd ppi all the same.

Thing is with the vector though......doesn't it have to be a pixel based image for a website?
Wouldn't the vector still need to be converted to a jpg or a png anyway?

Regards.
MrTom.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
LOL....I never noticed that!
How strange!

Like you say, doesn't matter one jot for a website but an odd ppi all the same.

Thing is with the vector though......doesn't it have to be a pixel based image for a website?
Wouldn't the vector still need to be converted to a jpg or a png anyway?

Regards.
MrTom.
Silly boy, what do you think the image your looking at is..png.:rolleyes: Ai will save for web just like PS except what you get is superior. That is a screenshot though.
As to the resolution , I am thinking the OP was attempting to improve it by using the high res number. Maybe he will respond to this.

Last edited: