What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to switch a Swatch Set and have it automatically apply the colors?

Vizjerie

For example, if I created a HUD that is primarily blue; each button, area, layer and so on are all different variations of blue and it is all saved as a Swatch Preset.

Now I export this out and send it to a third party and they decided that they want a green version as well as the blue.

Is there a way to make it so easy for that third party, that they can select a shade of green from a color picker and it would replace all the swatches to green but keep in the exact same variations/level in terms of how dark, light, transparent each swatch is and then have it automatically replace every area and layer?

I kind of remember seeing somewhere that theres a thing similar to this but i just cant for the life of me find it again, i remember it had something to do with linking symbols and swatch definitions and that it can be done with extracting assets and layer comps as well.

Now if that is not doable, is it possible then to simply send the 3rd party a new set of Swatches where each color is predefined to an area/layer and would immediately replace the current color at that place as soon as the 3rd party presses this new Swatch set?

Thank you!