What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Web Browsers

Paul

Former Member
I use Chrome mostly, but just been asked to try one called Torch.

Anyone used it or heard of it?

Tom Mann

Guru
I never heard of it, either, Paul, so I can't help you with a hands-on type of review of it.

Tom

PS - Check your private messages for one from me that I sent you a couple of days ago.

MrToM

Guru
Looks and acts just like Chrome to me.....it even uses Chrome extensions.

Only difference appears to be more 'media' options....download button, music button, that sort of thing.....other than that its just a re-badged Chrome.

There may be more to it under the hood but on the surface....

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
Thanks Paul!

You've inadvertently solved a PITA for me so thanks very much!

To cut a long story short, I only ever use Chrome for debugging PS scripts and custom panels....the latest update to Chrome broke something, disabling the debugging.

I tried using 'Torch', (As it looks like its just Chrome anyway) and BINGO!
Debugging restored.

Nice one Paul.....I owe ya a cold one.

Regards.
MrTom.

Paul

Former Member
Great stuff mate, i am currently giving it a run around it is chrome in another dimension isn't it lol.

MrToM

Guru
I guess you'll be the authority there being a Chrome user anyway.....It'll be interesting to see if you can detect what's 'different' about it.

For me......it does what Chrome doesn't :thumbsup: so I'm happy as a pig in sh.........:rofl:

Regards.
MrTom.

Hoogle

Guru
Good Luck with it, make sure you get the real one and not the virus one which is a clone and will hijack all your browsers.
I would also advise a good malware detector to run alongside it as it does not have all the security features of a traditional browser which can mean malware can pass through it easier

Hoogle

Guru
forever uninstalling it myself normally comes with wise_ programs like Wise_astromedia etc very nasty hijackers customer computers get it all the time so was aware of it some sites say the browser is clean it is the 3rd party stuff bundled with it that is the problem.

But then some sites will tell you Norton and mcafee anti viruses are really good lol.....

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
That's what I'm scared of - the 3rd party stuff .

The creators of the browser service may have good intentions. It's just that their choices for bundled plug-ins or extras may cause problems for them down the road..... and consumers unwittingly get dragged into it as well.