What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Figuring out what i did.

bambinn

About six years ago i made a small pixel image, enlarged it quite a bit and applied one or more filters in Photoshop to make it look cool.Now i want to make a similar effect on a different picture, however i am unable to find what i did to achieve this effect.Does anyone have a clue of what it is that i might have done? i have gone through every single filter in CS5 and i am not finding anything that produces the same effect.

Here is the before pixelated picture:

pixel1.jpg

Here is the after picture (added color to eyes manually):
pixel2.jpg

Please Help!

Hi there...

You could have applied Emboss on it. But the rounded parts......

First of all, do you recall whether you broke the image down to separate color objects on layers?

Or if by chance you used the liquify tool to round off the angular parts?

Did you have Metacreations KPT filters at the time?

Hi there...

You could have applied Emboss on it. But the rounded parts......

First of all, do you recall whether you broke the image down to separate color objects on layers?

Or if by chance you used the liquify tool to round off the angular parts?

Did you have Metacreations KPT filters at the time?

I did not break down the image into separate color objects on layers, i did not use liquify and i did not use Metacreations. It is possible that i might have changed it in some way using adobe fireworks. I doubt that though.

This is gonna turn out like a CSI forensic examination... lol .

It may take a while until someone here figures out what went into doing it.

Feel free to browse the forum and take part in activities.....

looks like some kind of combination of bevel and emboss + contour and plastic wrap filter

Back